Aditi Arya set to make her debut in Puri Jagannadh's next film | FZ News


Former Miss India World 2015 Aditi Arya is all gung ho about making her debut in Tollywood as Kalyan Ram's love interest in director Puri Jagannadh's next

A year after being crowned Miss India World, you are all set to foray into showbiz. Was acting always on the cards? Well, I was always interested in acting. I used to do street theatre in my college days. However, I always aimed at a corporate career. Hailing from a non-filmy family background, I never really looked at acting as a career option. Guess I was destined to become an actor.

Why Tollywood? Why not? Tollywood is one of the largest cinema industries in the world and is second to none. Several hit Telugu films have turned out to be blockbusters in Bollywood. And I do watch Telugu films and my favourite actor is none other than Mahesh Babu.

How did you land the lead role in Puri Jagannadh's next? Puri was looking for a fresh face for this project and my agency arranged for an audition. It all happened so fast. In fact I was memorising the lines from the Telugu audition script backstage on the Miss India finale night this year in April, where I passed on the crown! I sent my audition tape the next day and was selected. Soon after, I was called to Hyderabad to finalise the look. I had heard a lot about Puri sir from my friends in the industry. I knew he's a big director here who had launched several girls before. I loved the plot of the movie and my role. I consider myself very lucky to be launched by a filmmaker like Puri Jagannadh.

What is your role like? I can't talk anything about the film or my role, but all I can tell you is that it will be an action entertainer. The film will be shot in some exotic locations of Europe. I look forward to start shooting for the film. It's going to be a great learning experience. I want to be known as an expressive actor more than just a pretty face. I'm taking Telugu classes to perfect my diction and hope that I will be able to win hearts of the audiences.

Post a Comment

 
FZ News © 2021. All Rights Reserved. Powered by FZ News
Top